18 Sep 20 joys that came your way! :)
In the words of Dalai Lama, “The purpose of our lives is to be Happy”.
But while chasing our dreams and success, we tend to miss small everyday happiness. Once we start acknowledging these small delights, we shall be more content and motivated.
That feeling when…
- a plant you propagated shows its first flower,
- a new recipe you tried turns out exactly as it should,
- you unexpectedly receive a mid-year bonus,
- after a 5 days of harsh sun and heat, you get unexpected rain on the weekend,
- amidst an argument with your partner, your toddler says something really funny and you burst out laughing,
- your little one sleeps before time and you get additional time to yourself(refer another post for ‘Me Time ),
- you lose 2 kg without even trying to do so,
- you run to get the clothes off the stand in rain and a gush of cool air brushes your face,
- you accidentally fall asleep on the couch and your partner wakes you up with your favourite snack,
- you receive an appreciation mail from a customer with your boss and group head in the loop,
- you have been feeling low throughout the day and once you reach home, it suddenly starts raining,
- you have been thinking about calling a friend for days, suddenly your phone rings and shows their name,
- you decide to throw away an old bag and find a Rs.100 note in the secret pocket,
- someone special notices your new haircut instantly,
- you plan a small surprise for your partner and your little one, for once, does not spill the beans unintentionally,
- you get a ‘Complimentary Desert’ after a meal at your favourite restaurant,
- when suddenly your favourite song starts playing on Radio,
- you wake up with a jerk and realise you still have an hour before the alarm goes off,
- you leave from office at the regular time but reach home earlier than expected,
- you board morning local for office and get a seat two stations earlier than the daily fixed one,
and many more……….
These are the small occasions every day that bring a smile to the face and a little bounce in the spirit. These are the tiny flowers on the roadside that make our journey pleasant, which we might miss while on the road to bigger pursuits of life.
So, today, smile when something good happens to you, be a little more aware of the tiny joys that surround us and be a little more happy.
Stay Happy Live a little more! 🙂