27 Sep The Lockdown Sunday watch!
Hola to all the Hindi Movie fans!
The biggest source of entertainment during these lockdown times have been movies and TV series. We will talk about series some other time, for now, movies always come first for us Bollywood fans.
We all know the common list of must-watch, evergreen movies that have been listed and discussed repeatedly. But the point is we have already seen most of them (if not all) many times; with various groups and divisions of relatives, friends, friends of friends, special friend, just friend, only with parents, spouse, only with the friend whose EQ or IQ matches with us, kids etc.
From Sholay to Bawarchi; from Chupke Chupke to Andaz Apna Apna; from Hum Apke Hain Kaun to Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge; from Dil Chahta Hai to Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara. It is all done and dusted.
Here we bring you 5 movies from different genres that might serve as a breather and are worth the time:
1. Waiting – A story of 2 different aged people who meet in the Waiting Room of a hospital while attending to their spouses who are in coma. They form a friendship while endlessly waiting for things to get better. Their perspectives, emotions and struggles give us a good reason to cherish what we have and count our blessings during these testing corona times. High on re-watch-o-meter.
Starring Naseeruddin Shah and Kalki Koechlin.
2. Youngistaan – The movie is high on romance and politics. Some parts may seem to be a bit unconvincing to few but the young energy, the hopefulness and the actors give it a fresh feel. A good watch during corona times because it emits positivity. I have seen it at least 2-3 times and still find above average on re-watch-o-meter.
Starring Jackky Bhagnani, Neha Sharma, Farooq Shaikh.
3. High Jack – This one is a story about a plane Highjack and a Jack (commoner) who is High and eventually gets everyone High. A light movie without a serious plot but keeps you laughing every few minutes. A good watch amidst this pandemic and lockdown since we desperately need to lighten up a bit while staying indoors. Slightly above average on re-watch-o-meter.
Starring Sumeet Vyas, Mantra, Kumud Mishra.
4. Gour Hari Dastaan: The Freedom File – A biographical film on the life of a freedom fighter who fought a long and tiring battle with the system for acknowledgement of his work and even existence. The actors are brilliant and the concept of the movie is heart touching. A serious watch with a climax that is bound to bring a smile and tears simultaneously. High on re-watch-o-meter.
Starring Vinay Pathak, Konkana Sen Sharma, Ranvir Shorey, Tannishtha Chatterjee
5. Filmistaan – A gem in the category of light movies with a serious message. The story is about a mistaken kidnapping of an Assistant Director from the Hindi Film Industry, who is a diehard Bollywood fan. The movie is entertaining, eccentric, engaging, emotional with excellent acting by lead characters. Highly above average on re-watch-o-meter.
Starring Shaarib Hashmi, Inaamulhaq, Kumud Mishra.
So go ahead, watch and let us know how do you find them. Also, share your 5 names (or more or less) that we might give a try.
Happy Watching!! 🙂